Friday, January 25, 2013

Never!


One of my favourite things about being a believer in Jesus Christ is His promise never to leave us. There is no person on earth who could promise you that!

As Joyce Meyer says regularly, He never promises us that we won't have problems, but He does promise us that He will hold our hand and walk through the problems with us!

Psalm 23 is a great Bible passage. It suffers from being too well-known, and is often read through so quickly that we hardly remember what it says. But thankfully, when I was very young, my dear Christian mother taught us to memorize Scripture and this is one passage I was taught. Remember verse 4? It says "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me..." Notice it doesn't say, "I will fear no evil, for thou wilt take it away." It says He will be with us through it!

Whatever you are going through today, if you are a believer in Christ and you trust Him to be your Saviour, you are not going through it alone. He is above, beside, beneath, and with you. In fact, His Holy Spirit indwells you! Never will He leave you. Never will He forsake you.

Never!

And surely I am with you always, even unto the end of the age.  --  Jesus  (Matthew 28:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment